College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
audrey_cornell

La La Land Empty La La Land

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:39 am
The La La Land backlash: why have critics turned on the Oscar favorite?
Something that sticks out to me as particularly expressive or interesting is the important points brought up in the article. They were well researched and used examples from the film to prove that some aspects of La La Land are offensive or bad. Since I love the film, I liked seeing the perspective of someone who doesn't like it thinks. A piece of writing this article inspires me to write is something about how minorities are underrepresented in movies, such as women and people of color. A question this article raises is why do people backlash so much against certain films? I feel like sometimes people hate a movie just to hate it, and not necessarily because it's a bad movie. A claim I can make after reading the article is that people are/were upset that La La Land was not true to jazz's roots.

Here's Why You Should Watch La La Land Again and Again
Something that sticks out to me as particularly expressive or interesting is the amount of passion put into the article. I can really tell that the author loves La La Land and they explain why in a great way. A piece of writing this article inspires me to write is my own piece on why I love La La Land. A question this article raises is why do people dislike this movie? This article brought up a couple of points, but I'd like to hear it from others who make that case. A claim I can make after reading the article is that La La Land has been one of the highest nominated films in Oscars history with 14 nominations, tied with All About Eve and Titanic.

Love ‘La La Land’? Hate It? So Do We
Something that sticks out to me as particularly expressive or interesting is that it is comprised of opinions from all kinds of people. That gives it a reliability and taught me about what different people think about La La Land since I just have my one viewpoint. A piece of writing this article inspires me to write is why I think that La La Land is such a good film and to prove some of these points wrong. A question this article raises is why don't people just enjoy films for the emotions and quality they have, instead of judging and picking everything apart? A claim I can make after reading the article is that La La Land is a film that people either seem to love or hate.

Emma Stone's La La Land performance transcends the film's biggest flaw: a poorly written female lead
Something that sticks out to me as particularly expressive or interesting is the fact that they pointed out that Mia's character was not as interesting as Sebastian's in the film, because I never really thought about that before. The brought up a lot of key points and examples from the film to prove their points. A piece of writing this article inspires me to write is a piece on women being discriminated against in films. A question this article raises is why was Mia written as such a flat character in the first place, especially compared to Sebastian? A claim I can make after reading the article is that many women in movies are overshadowed or not as fleshed out as their male counterparts because this article gave several examples of this occurring in other films.

‘La La Land’ Deserves Your Respect: Why Damien Chazelle’s Oscar-Bound Musical Is A Dream Come True
Something that sticks out to me as particularly expressive or interesting is the way this article is written. It's very clear in the message it's putting across and is written in an eloquent way. It talks about Mia and Sebastian as characters and describes the plot in great detail as it relates to them. A piece of writing this article inspires me to write is my own defense of why La La Land is such a great and important film. A question this article raises is what inspired to author to write this piece? Were they offended by all of the backlash on the film too? A claim I can make after reading the article is that La La Land has affected many people other than myself and it's an important movie for them too.
azerswrx421

La La Land Empty La La Land Might Be Great But Not to Me

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:18 pm
Movies are different for different people. Its hard to find one that everybody loves. La La Land may be a great movie but its a musical which makes me want to be doing almost anything other than watching it. But, that doesn't mean someone else doesn't love it. There are movies that are loved by almost everyone. But whether most others are good or bad depends on who you're asking.
kylezell1

La La Land Empty Re: La La Land

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:48 pm
I haven't seen the movie, and honestly probably wouldn't because I'm not a fan of musicals. One question I had was why since musicals are an older film genre, why are they still being made today? Maybe you can clarify why you think her character was so flat compared to his?
Sponsored content

La La Land Empty Re: La La Land

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum