College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
azerswrx421

Forum Post #3 - Virtual Reality Technology Empty Forum Post #3 - Virtual Reality Technology

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:06 pm
“5 Breakthroughs Coming Soon in Augmented and Virtual Reality” https://singularityhub.com/2019/05/10/5-breakthroughs-coming-soon-in-augmented-and-virtual-reality/
This article discusses a few of the expected developments in virtual reality technology. The item that stuck with me was the expected mapping of the real world for use with VR. This means they’re capture parts of the real world to use in games and other VR application. I think this meant you can get photo realism in different VR experiences. This would be something interesting to research. I believe anything they can do to make the experience more realistic, puts us closer to The Matrix experience. And, as long as we’re not the batteries for it, it sounds like a good thing to me.

” Virtual Reality Market by Technology Advancements and Future Prospects 2019 to 2023” https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/virtual-reality-market-by-technology-advancements-and-future-prospects-2019-to-2023-2019-12-05?mod=mw_quote_news
This article discusses the global virtual reality marketplace and the expected technology advancements by 2023. The article says that the size of global VR market was about $3 billion in 2017 and is expected to be almost $50 billion by 2023 which means it will grow almost 60% each year. That seems like a lot and makes me wonder about all the new applications, games and hardware that will be on the market in 2023 and part of that $50 billion. I’d like to learn more about what they’re expecting by 2023. Its hard to get information on the stuff companies are working on because they like to keep them a secret until they’re ready to announce them. Usually this happens at the Consumer Electronics Show in January of every year.

“What's Next for Virtual Reality? An Insider Weighs In” https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/02/23/whats-next-for-virtual-reality-an-insider-weighs-i.aspx
This article talks about the new technological developments and advancements in VR. In particular, it talks about a new game coming out called I Expect You to Die where players are secret agents who try to escape from different traps. What really got my attention was the many critics are calling it one of the standout virtual reality experiences. This makes me very interested in learning more about that game. I really like articles like this one because hearing about the new stuff coming out is really exciting. I recognize that things are developing fast in VR but, for me, it’s not fast enough so hearing about helps.

Virtual Reality Technology” https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/computer-science/virtual-reality-technology
This is more of an earlier article on virtual reality, what it is, what it does and how it is experienced by people. It introduces things like Telesensation which is the name they give to what users experience through VR. It sounds like other things I’ve read which talk about how, even though the user knows they’re not actually in the virtual world, their mind and emotions react mostly to what the person sees and hears. So, if you’re looking around from inside a cage at giant Great While sharks swimming around you, your mind can’t help but react to it. I think this is why my Mom could not walk the plank 100 stories in the air even though she knew she was actually standing in her living room. It’s weird but that’s what makes it so cool. If we didn’t react that way, it would loose the effect entirely.
Chloie Miles

Forum Post #3 - Virtual Reality Technology Empty Re: Forum Post #3 - Virtual Reality Technology

Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:20 pm
question, an idea and a clarification

Should all games offer a virtual reality feature in your opinion? A idea I have is making a post maybe about your favorite games, and why they are your favorite. As a clarification your passion is virtual reality gaming. I think it's cool that your passion is gaming.
ramasabbarini

Forum Post #3 - Virtual Reality Technology Empty Re: Forum Post #3 - Virtual Reality Technology

Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:22 am
You seem like a genius about this topic! An idea I have is trying the VR out. They are expensive but if you know someone who owns one or some place you can try it out would be amazing. You could write about your experience.
Kris Schutzel

Forum Post #3 - Virtual Reality Technology Empty An idea

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:38 pm
Since you said that virtual reality was not developing fast enough for you, an idea I had was you could write an article where you explain where you wish virtual reality could be right now.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum