College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tori Jones

Another 5  Empty Another 5

Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:58 pm
How Does Music Affect Teenagers? | Kids Cell Phone Monitoring Issues
Two phrases stick out most “Music is an inseparable part of our life.” and “If tracks or music videos he/she watches contain explicit lyrics and messages, you shouldn’t argue with the kid and ban those.”

This inspires me to write a topic piece on how to possibly find a middle ground between teen and parental music preferences.

This article raises the question of how negative effects of certain music can be curbed before they become problematic behavior habits?

One claim that I can make after reading this article is this article is casual in its approach to the topic carries many points to consider, without overwhelming the reader with information.

Impact of Music, Music Lyrics, and Music Videos on Children and Youth
Two phrases stick out most “The effect that popular music has on children's and adolescents' behavior and emotions is of paramount concern.” and “Adolescents use music in their process of identity formation,”

This inspires me to write a post regarding the steps that could be taken in order to assange certain concerns in the article without banning any particular types of music.

This article raises the question of whether more importance should be placed on which artists are listened to or how long the music is listened to?

One claim that I can make after reading this article is that research is held in high regard and a formal approach seems to be favored in the author’s tone.

The Positive Influence of Playing Music on Youth
Two phrases stick out most “See music as their “social glue” and as a bridge for building acceptance and tolerance for people of different ages and cultural backgrounds.” and “Associate playing music with music literacy, listening skills, motor ability, eye-hand coordination and heightened intellectual capabilities.”

This inspires me to write a piece studying possible effects of music on certain mental disorders.

This article raises the question of whether or not music should be a mandatory subject in high school.

One claim that I can make after reading this article is that music is seen as an activity of great importance to their students.

Influence of Music on Youth
Two phrases stick out most “those studies provide little evidence that negative lyrics cause risky behaviors. Many are correlational.” and “take this as a sign to communicate and connect with your teenager, not simply cancel his or her iTunes account.”

This inspires me to write an article in which the views held by teens are compared to the views illustrated by some of the music they listen to.

This article raises the question of whether there is too much or not enough attention being payed to the music teens listen to.

One claim that I can make after reading this article is that the author places great importance on parents communicating with their teens, instead of taking immediate drastic actions and/or jumping to conclusions.

How Teens Influence Music Industry Trends in 2018
Two phrases stick out most “95 percent of American teens have daily access to a smartphone.” and “85 percent of teens reportedly claiming to visit YouTube on a daily basis,”

This inspires me to write a current study on the topic for 2020-2021.

This article raises the question of how teens will continue to influence the music industry trends?

One claim that I can make after reading this article is that 2018 teens were very attached to their music and held a surprisingly substantial sway over the music trends for 2018.

All links will be posted in buzz.
Kris Schutzel

Another 5  Empty A Question

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:17 pm
Do you think music can have a negative effect on teenagers?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum