College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ramasabbarini

World of Electronics/iPhones Empty World of Electronics/iPhones

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:52 pm
Even Teens Worry That Teens Are Addicted To Their iPhones

A study shows that 54% of US teens aged 13 to 17 have a serious addiction to their phone and often contemplate if they spend too much time on their electronics. My question is will it ever cut back? We are making new technology everyday it's becoming more challenging to get off these phones. 57% have actually been able to cut back on social media and even 52% have cut back from their phones as a whole. These teens that worry about themselves obsessing over not cutting back have a less likely hood of actually doing it. Girls are more likely to feel anxious and separation anxiety without their phones.

7 ways the iphone has made life worse

We have a whole world around us but we are not seeing its true beauty with just our own eyes. We are too busy being on our phones, we have no idea what is going around us. What is the main thing that is taken on vacation? A phone or camera. We cannot even enjoy the view without having to say "I need to take a picture of this!" More focused on the pictures than actually enjoying your vacation. Electronics create "FOMO" or fear of missing out. Everything is posted on social media for everyone you know and random people to see. They can see all the fun you're having and get a little jealous.

What Makes Technology Good or Bad For us

Smartphones have been connected to issues like attention spans, crippling depression, and even occurrence of brain cancer. Studies have shown that socializing online has decreased loneliness, increased well-being, and help with social anxiety. Being in contact with someone online is sometimes better than having no contact to the outside world at all. People build relationships, friendships, and careers using technology. However scrolling through social media without having contacted anyone, could be hard on your mental health and self esteem.

Do Your Students Know More About Technology Than You Do?

How "often" is often? 75% of teacher say they use technology in classrooms on a daily basis but only 40% of students say technology is used in classrooms. But when it comes to homework a whole 94% of students say technology is required, while less than half of teachers report requiring the use of technology in some assignments. So who is right? Seems as if they are on different sides of the spectrum.  Or is technology just falling behind kid's expectations?

Attached To Technology and Paying a Price

Scientists confirm that hustling with emails, phone calls, and other online services can change a person in the way they think and behave. People say multitasking helps with their productivity, but are they really sure? Research has a different opinion. Multitasking and after multitasking your thinking is impaired along with your lock of focus. Technology can benefit the brains somehow, too. People who often use the internet to look of things or search for whatever you're trying to find actually become superior at finding information. Teens and kids who play video games can develop better visua activity for the same reason as internet searchers gaining this fast knowledge of finding information.
Admin
Admin
https://collegepreplvs.forumotion.com

World of Electronics/iPhones Empty Curious

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:00 pm
So is your focus on technology, mobile devices, or that technology is "bad" for humanity?
EmileeParker061902

World of Electronics/iPhones Empty Re: World of Electronics/iPhones

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:31 am
Do you personally believe that technology is bad or does more harm than good?
My suggestion is including links to the studies that say that smartphones are linked to things like brain cancer, since that's a very big claim to make without a reference.
Lindsey Stamps

Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 pm
Although there are many negatives associated with phones and technology nowadays, do you think you could you ever see yourself not using them?
azerswrx421

World of Electronics/iPhones Empty Is it a Good Thing or a Bad Thing?

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:12 pm
We can't deny that we spend a lot of time on our phones jumping from one thing to another. It seems like we always need to be doing something. If you ask my parents, they'll say this is a bad thing. We can't sit and just think. We always have to be connected and doing 10 things at once. I'm not sure its all bad. We definitely keep ourselves informed, even if its about stuff that doesn't seem important. I watch my Dad on his phone when there is something going on at work and well he looks a lot like I do with my phone. So maybe its not all bad. Maybe its just practice.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum