College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tori Jones

The Influence of Music on Young Adults Empty The Influence of Music on Young Adults

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:19 pm
This article makes me wonder how many teens were asked about their preference and what music they were asked about specifically. I'm curious about how the researchers phrased their questions about a teenagers preferred music. Sometimes how you phrase a question is almost as important as the answer you receive. Based on this article, I might write a possible perspective of a teen looking at the topic from the emotional side of things. I was instantly hooked by this piece of writing because music is a very important part of me and this article doesn’t downplay the effect music can have on an individual.

The most interesting elements of this writing are the way the author speaks respectfully about the music, it’s effect, and the teens it has an effect on. The tone of the parent samurai article is warm, genuine, and understanding. They’re not trying to minimize or belittle it, they’re honestly trying to provide information without any negativity. Because of this article, I would like to continue to read about the strong influence music has on young adults and minors’ behavior and social views. I would also care to explore the topics of stigma between music genre, the cultural origins of each music genre, and how the subject matter has changed in regards to what the messages are behind certain songs.

Mentor Sentence:   By understanding how music affects teens’ emotions and behaviors, we can use it as a tool to better understand our kids and to help guide them to better choices and a happier life.

This text could be used as a mentor text by breaking the text into smaller parts, such as theme and structure. Then reading the text, first as a reader then as a writer. After that, a careful literary analysis will show the devices used and how those devices enhance the piece and provide context.

Links:

Will be posted in Buzz. The forum will not allow me to post any links.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum