College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ramasabbarini

Technology is Beneficial Empty Technology is Beneficial

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:42 pm
Rama Sabbarini
College Prep

Forum 2

What Makes Technology Good or Bad for Us?

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/what_makes_technology_good_or_bad_for_us
This article talks about how technology can be beneficial and not beneficial for your health. They list good examples on both sides of the argument. Something that sticks out to me on the beneficial side is, “... decrease loneliness, increase well-being, and help the socially anxious...connect to others” (What Makes Technology Good or Bad for Us?). This article really does give a few examples on why technology can be helpful, and I am all for it! The overall question it raises is which side are you on?

5 Major Reasons Why Technology is So Important

https://www.guyandtheblog.com/5-major-reasons-why-technology-is-so-important/
This article lists five major reasons they think technology is important. Then they go in detail about each one listed. They list 1.Education, “technology...more efficient for teachers” (5 Major Reasons Why Technology is So Important), 2.Communication, “technology has improved communication” (5 Major Reasons Why Technology is So Important), 3. Security, “technology...feel more secure” (5 Major Reasons Why Technology is So Important), 4.Supplies, “access to fresh water and food...technology can help deliver (5 Major Reasons Why Technology is So Important), 5.Space, “advanced so far in the space industry”(5 Major Reasons Why Technology is So Important). This helps me get a wide range of the many ways technology has improved society.

7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business

https://socialnomics.net/2017/07/18/7-positive-effects-of-technology-in-modern-day-business/
This article is similar to the one above in the same way that they have listed their ideas. They say the positive effects are, 1.Technology made communication easy, “...contact...via telephonic communication” (7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business), 2.Improving Business Strategies, “wordpress business website development” (7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business). 3.Assist People with Disabilities, “...enjoy working like ordinary people...level of communication has improved” (7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business). 4. Expanding the Area of Promotion, “adds new techniques of promoting business” (7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business). 5.Technology Amplifies Business, “high technology works faster to increase the generation of the business” (7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business). 6.Dropping Business Costs, “Make use of Technology to Drop Cost of Business” (7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business). 7.Accuracy, “Accurately observed and accurate statistics...obtained using advanced technology” (7 Positive Effects of Technology in Modern Day Business). This article helped me understand that modern day living uses come mainly from technology and makes our life so much easier.

Teenagers and technology: Why it’s actually good for them!
https://www.news24.com/You/Archive/teenagers-and-technology-why-its-actually-good-for-them-20170728-2
When reading this article, I caught a plethora of good details. They made a longer list, but some main things that stick out to me are, “stimulates their creativity” “video games can develop complex and necessary skills” (Teenagers and technology: Why it’s actually good for them!). The one about video games caught my eye, we know kids and teens will love that statement! They list double the amount of positive facts than negative. I like this article because they gave short and sweet facts. No questions were raised after reading.

8 Engaging Early Literacy Activities That Use Technology AND Hands-On Learning
https://www.weareteachers.com/early-literacy-activities-technology/
This article is based on children. Some things they incorporated are, “learn to write letters and numbers” “interactive word search” “produce a video” (8 Engaging Early Literacy Activities That Use Technology AND Hands-On Learning). After reading, I enjoyed that most were about things children could find useful for other than games. Technology will motivate the child to want to learn because of how fun it could be and keep them on track and focused. I had no questions regarding this article. I just know I loved how kidfriendly it is.
azerswrx421

Technology is Beneficial Empty Technology is Good Until We Make it Bad

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:23 pm
Technology like any other tool can be good or bad depending on what the user does with it. A hammer used to build a house is good. A hammer I throw at my brother for being a jerk is bad. I think technology is supper important to making our lives better. It makes things easier, makes us more informed, helps us communicate, helps us build and discover new technology. It makes our lives better. But, technology can also be used in ways that are harmful to ourselves or others. May be we should talk about the real problem.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum