College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
treybaldwin3123@gmail.com

Beyonce Knowles Carter  Empty Beyonce Knowles Carter

Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:24 pm
How is Beyonce able to balance her career and motherhood?

Reading this title I began to think about how a professional performing artist, who also runs a company, has to rehearse and have time for herself first of all, and be a wife and a mother of three? After reading this article she states a lot in her documentary that she faces struggles just like everyone else. She then states “Just trying to figure out how to balance being a mother of a 6-year old and twins that need me and giving myself creativity and physically it's a lot to juggle “. Which is true, she took off a whole year after having the twins to take care of her body to begin to eat right, and it was really to prepare for Coachella. She then states when she was younger she could rehearse 15 hours straight when in destiny's child preparing for tour dates, but now she has another life to tend to and people that need her she also says she sacrifice a lot, she has in the past year took a few trips to produce to live-action lion king that we love so much especially because she plays Nala.

What are the brands and businesses of Beyonce?

This article's title caught my eye because people don’t know about the incomes of Beyonce other than ticket sales from world tours. I always wanted to know what other ways Beyonce made money in her brands and what businesses she is involved with. Once I had read the article I saw that she has investments and endorsements. She is the CEO of Parkwood Entertainment. She is also a spokeswoman for Pepsi signing a 50 million dollar deal with them. Beyonce models for her clothing line called IVY park which partnered with Adidas and dropped earlier this year. Married to jay-z in 2008 they were named pop music’s first billionaire couple in 2014. The duo grossed 109.6 million from their joint on the run tour. They then turned around and grossed 253.3 million in 2018. She produces movies also through her Parkwood company. Her ivy park clothing line was launched by her company as you can see Beyonce is a smart woman and knows how to invest and spend her money wisely then is one of the reasons why I love her as a person and as an artist.

Beyonce’s lemonade explained: an artistic triumph that’s also an economic powerhouse.

I chose this article by the title and because it's one of my first albums by her this needs to be addressed. Reading this article it took the words out of my mouth to explain this side of Beyonce we had never seen. She has always been portrayed as a strong independent woman. she expresses the heartbreak, pain, love, happiness throughout this album. Which all in all explains why she is named in lemonade, lemons symbolize healing, happiness, love, and light. Which was shown through this album it was a very hard time for Beyonce dealing with her dad and also allegation that her husband was cheating on her. Beyonce showed the essence of black women and the black culture she toted around hot sauce proclaiming her strong Texas roots. Examples of feminism in her music videos. “I like my baby heir with baby hair and afros I like my negro nose with Jackson five nostrils ”. She also states in her song “you better call Becky with the good hair ” explaining jay-z cheating allegations. Beyonce sold more than 600,000 copies in three days. She also released her album on her husband's streaming platform called tidal. Even on bad terms they tell each other and want to see each other make it. I love their relationship and overall just because she showed us a different side of her on this album that smashed iTunes sales records. She released the album without any prior announcement.

-Destiny’s child to break up after the tour

Before reading this article, I first read the title and began to think about why did they break up and this would be a great topic on Beyonce this would be the end of the group but the beginning of the Beyonce I know of today. Once read by Beyonce, Kelly, Michelle already made plans for the group to split after their tour in the summer of 2000 to work solo on their careers. It made sense then that they were older to move on to bigger things in their own life. Beyonce then dropped her song ft Jay-z “Bonnie and Clyde ” in late 2002. Beyonce dropped her very own album in 2003 “Dangerously in love ” shortly after Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams dropped their solo efforts.

The 10 not- so-publicized times Jay-Z and Beyonce Gave Back
Reading this title and seeing that it was by essence a black magazine company, made me more eager to read this article to see what Beyonce has done over the world that may go unnoticed because she doesn't brag about when she gives back. Beyonce has a charity organization called BeyGood that she uses to raise money to help unfortunate people in third world countries like Haiti and Nepal that have suffered from disasters. She also used this charity to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight gender equality which she is very big on. Stated in articles Beyonce only hires women to be in charge of lead in her company called Parkwood entertainment. She has also given school supplies and hosted food drives. While in Haiti she visited their only children hospital to see the progress and visited their only Children Hospital in the capital. There she laughed with the healed and confronted the sick Beyonce is a superstar that still does;t forget the true meaning of giving back to the people.
Kris Schutzel

Beyonce Knowles Carter  Empty A Clarification

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:23 pm
In the sentence "She also used this charity to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to fight gender equality which she is very big on." I assume she is fighting for gender quality instead of fighting against it?

Beyonce Knowles Carter  Empty Re: Beyonce Knowles Carter

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:15 pm
Yes Kris she is fighting for equal rights for women , another reason why she hires women in charge in leads of her company Parkwood Entertainment.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:16 pm
Yes Kris she is fighting for equal rights for women , another reason why she hires women in charge in leads of her company Parkwood Entertainment.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum