College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Chloie Miles

Second Forum Post  Empty Second Forum Post

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:28 pm
- words and phrases that stick out to you as particularly expressive or interesting. (think mentor sentences)
- What piece of writing does the article inspire you to write?
- What questions does the article raise?
- What claims can you make after reading the article?

https://www.thelist.com/128396/the-untold-truth-of-james-charles/
The untold Truth of James Charles

This article caught my eye because it went in debt about how James Charles started in the makeup industry. Phrases such as "Completely self taught" and "starting as a hairstylist" caught be off guard. Tati claims to have gotten him started in the business so I never would have guess he was completely self taught. "At one of my best friend's hair appointments, she was late for her makeup appointment so she asked me to do it" ... This also took me by surprise. His friend looked stunning. I couldn't believe it was his first time doing makeup. This inspires me to write about how you can do anything you put your mind to. You may even end up inspiring thousands of people while doing so. This article answered a lot of the questions I had, so I'm not sure that it really rained any.

https://www.vogue.com.au/beauty/news/why-an-entire-generation-is-obsessed-with-beauty-youtuber-james-charles/news-story/556e1244c236643eceac30be3cd9b2ac
Why an entire generation is is obessesed with Beauty Youtuber James Charles

I chose this article because it is from a very well known company. the phrase “Hi, sisters!”, his catchphrase that addresses the tribe (every ’tuber has one). Screams, stamping and tears like nothing you’d ever expect, considering the context, will follow. “I’m so excited to be here,” he soon says. “Let’s get glam!” I had no idea that he did shows like this. It makes me question when they started and if he still does them. This article also brought up his apparel line. This made me question how he came up with it, and how much money he makes Since he has millions of followers and has a business. This article goes somewhat in debt about how James Charles is so successful.

https://www.allure.com/story/covergirl-james-charles-controversy
CoverGirl James Charles and the Rise of the Beauty Boy
BY DANIELLE PERGAMENT

"That’s why we’re focusing on another word. Courage." This focuses on James having the courage to be himself despite all of the hate. It gave examples but they weren't very specific and I wish they would have been. "There was a group of people. And he just gave them a role model." This made me question if he was talking about all of his followers as a whole or just the LGBTQ+ members. Regardless, he is a role model to millions and they look up to him. This inspires me to write about how exactly he is a role model since it did not go into a detailed description and to provide evidence of him being such.

https://neoreach.com/james-charles-net-worth-from-makeup-to-millions/
James Charles Net Worth: From Makeup to Millions

I looked up this article because I was genuinely curious after reading the other article. After reading it made me question how much a Youtuber could made max. However it was a very insightful article and it even talked about how many followers he has. This kind of inspires me to write about how if you want to try to become an influencer you totally should, because you could make enough to make it your number one job and priority. However I would advice people to not quit their day job before hand." But his income doesn’t stop there, in addition to his YouTube earnings he tours America to hold meet and greets with fans! " This interested me because it cost quite a bit to meet him, plus his apparel line, and his morphe collection. He has to be making quite a bit of money. This makes me question how there are so many people on Youtube doing similar things making the same amount of money if not more.

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/16/18617895/james-charles-tati-westbrook-feud-drama-3-million-subscribers
James Charles, Tati Westbrook, and the feud that’s ripping apart YouTube’s beauty community

I chose this article because it had the most detailed information about the situation. Many people came to know and dislike James Charles because of this, so it inspired me to address the situation. This article also brought up several other influencers that I didn't even realize were involved. So that makes me question how many were hiding behind the scenes waiting to release their "tea" against one side or the other. I will not be giving hate to either side because I believe they are all wonderful human beings that inspire people to never give up no matter how hard it is.

Each of these articles have small characteristic traits that I want to become regardless of the fame or not. I also love to do makeup so writing about this helps me learn more about my passion and to have a better understanding of it. Especially since James Charles is who really inspired me to start doing my makeup differently and to not care what other people think at the end of the day because haters are going to hate regardless.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum