College Prep LVS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
azerswrx421

Will Virtual Reality Change Gaming Forever\\\\ Empty Will Virtual Reality Change Gaming Forever\\

Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:02 pm
"How Virtual Reality Technology Changed the World of Gaming?"
Link: https://virtualrealitysocial.com/how-virtual-reality-technology-changed-the-world-of-gaming/

This article talks about the impact virtual reality has had on the gaming experience and industry.  The biggest part of the gaming experience is immersion or how far into the reality of the game it can take you.  Virtual reality is the start of the ultimate immersive experience.  It takes the player (or the player's senses) into the world of the game.  They aren't just playing it, they're living it or at least it seems like they are. This "Matrix-light" experience is a giant leap from the video games of the past and will be how games compete today and into the future.  

The biggest thing that stuck with me was the author's belief that VR allows the player to experience things through gaming that weren't possible in the past or in even reality.  It is exciting to me to think of all the possibilities that can come from this. I'd want to read more about these experiences and the technologies that make them possible.  I'd like to better understand the current technology and what is on the horizon. The article made me think that my kids are going to laugh at the way I played video games like I laugh at the games my Dad played when he was a kid.

"How Virtual Reality is Transforming the Gaming Industry"
Link: https://yourstory.com/mystory/how-virtual-reality-is-transforming-the-gaming-ind

This article talks about the how fast the gaming industry is changing from the adoption of VR. Gaming companies have committed to virtual reality gaming and are investing a lot of money in developing technologies to make the experience even more real and immersive for the player.

I thought the author's use of the word "disruptive" to describe VR technology was interesting because it is "disrupting" much of what was considered normal in the gaming industry.  This makes me want to learn more about the companies that are developing this technology and what they see as the gaming experience in the near future.  This article made me think that with all the money being spent on developing technologies, the VR experience is going to get better fast.  This is very exciting.

"Is VR the Future of Gaming?"
Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2019/04/25/is-vr-the-future-of-gaming/#1d388622807c

This author takes the opposite position that VR will not change gaming as much as people think.  He claims that the requirements for new equipment, the uncomfortable headgear and the need for faster/more expensive computers to run it will not appeal to gamers because the experience isn't worth it.  

The author's claim that playing a VR first person shooter game is not 10x better than playing one the old way stuck with me.  I completely disagree with this guy.  Playing anything when you're in the gaming world vs watching it on TV will always be better.  This article made me want to read more about the development of new technology (headgear, computers, etc) that will make the experience better. It made me think that maybe everyone doesn't feel the same way I do about the VR experience.  This may be true, but I still believe most people would and it will be the only way we play video games in the future.  

"Virtual Reality Will Change the Future of Gaming"
Link: https://www.speakertv.com/arts/arts-culture/culture-2/virtual-reality-will-change-the-future-of-gaming/

This article talks about the huge impact VR will have on the gaming experience.  He claims that the experience is more than just seeing the world all around as if you were surrounded by a television screen.  The human brain and its other senses are triggered by what the eyes see so the experience becomes more emotional.  (Note: We have a VR game called "Walk the Plank" that puts you high up on a ledge between two skyscrapers with a plank connecting them.  You're supposed to put a plank on the actual floor in front of you so when you walk, you can feel what you see in the game.  Let's just say not everyone in my family had the guts to do it once they started playing.)

The author's mention of how the human brain and emotions react to the experience, even though the player knows its not real, stuck with me.  This is making horror a big genre for VR games.  Imagine being chased in the woods by Jason. This makes me want to read more about how the brain reacts to the VR experience.  The article made me think that VR could be used for therapy and other purposes beyond gaming.  

"How VR Technology is Changing the Gaming and Entertainment Sectors"
Link: https://hackernoon.com/how-vr-technology-has-changed-the-entertainment-sector-211c93zhz

This article talks about the impact of VR on gaming and other forms of entertainment.  It says that VR will not stop just with gaming but could lead to new ways to experience movies or sporting events.  Much the way that you're put inside the game, VR could put you inside the movie and inside the stadium during the Super Bowl.  The impact of VR could extend throughout the entertainment business.

The author's claims about VR movies or sporting events stuck with me.  It would be really cool if you could put users on the 50-yard line during the Super Bowl.  You could sell that seat not once but as many times as people were willing to buy it.  Also, the thought of being in the environment of a movie is interesting although a lot of video games are like movies so the experience may not be all that different.  This made me think that it is hard to predict just how much money companies can make using VR and how much it may transform all of our lives in the future.
Anna Larson

Will Virtual Reality Change Gaming Forever\\\\ Empty Re: Will Virtual Reality Change Gaming Forever\\\\

Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:47 am
Question:
Do you really think that in the future, virtual reality games will be the only type of games around?
Idea:
You talked about how one article said some people don’t like virtual reality games because of the headgear and need for faster computers. Maybe you could research if new virtual reality gaming technology is being invented where there is no need for headgear, like a virtual reality room or something like that.
Clarification:
You mentioned that virtual reality could be used for therapy. Maybe you could clarify or expand on how it could be used for therapy.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum